Public Health Reporting

Report your child's Vaccination Record to your Public Health Unit.

CANImmunize is proud to announce that even more residents in Ontario can easily report their children's vaccination records to their public health units via the CANImmunize app. To find out if you are eligible, use the dropdown menu.

See if you're eligible

Report your child's Vaccination Record
to your Public Health Unit

Report your child's Vaccination Record
to your Public Health Unit

Report your child's Vaccination Record
to your Public Health Unit

Healthcare providers and schools do not submit vaccination records to the public health unit. Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), parents are responsible for ensuring their children's vaccinations and vaccination records are up-to-date. As a parent, it is also your responsibility to report your children's records to the public health unit.

You may need your vaccination records for: 

  • Traveling to countries where the diseases are common
  • Going for emergency healthcare
  • Going to summer camp
  • Transferring to a new school in another area (when your child is older)
  • Starting daycare or kindergarten

Report all your child's vaccinations to <ph-name>. This includes those given by your healthcare provider. <ph-name> keeps a record of your child's vaccinations to help protect public safety. This is important if there is ever a disease outbreak.

Eligibility Criteria

  • You must be using CANImmunize version 3.0.0 and up on an iOS or Android device
  • Your child must be less than 16 years of age
  • Your device must be connected to the internet
  • Your child must live in one of the cities/towns mentioned below

Residents within the following regions are eligible to partake in the <ph-name> initiative:


Instructions to activate Public Health reporting on Android/iOS

Step 1: Download CANImmunize from Google Play or the Apple App Store

Create an account for yourself and separate records in CANImmunize for each of your family members

Step 2: Select the record you wish to send to your local Public Health Unit

Once in the record, tap on the 'Profile' tab. Proceed to scroll to the bottom of the profile where you will find 'Send to '.

Note: The region must be set to Ontario and the City/Town field must be among the ones listed in the public health reporting project. The record must be for a person under the age of 16. The relationship must be set to "My Child/Dependent". The child's last name must be filled in.

On the <ph-name> public health reporting screen, select the record you wish to send to <ph-name>.

Step 3: Provide additional information to be sent to the public health unit

Please include the following: Parent/guardian's first and last names: the child's OHIP number: a contact number: the address, including postal code and City.

Step 4: Consent

Please read the consent document to share your child’s records with <ph-name> and click the ‘I Consent’ button to proceed.


I am having trouble reporting my child's vaccination record. Who do I contact?

You can contact our team at

How do I report my child's immunization information without CANImmunize?

You can now update, view and/or print your child's immunization record through the new Immunization Connect (ICON) portal. ICON is a new secure online tool for submitting updates and viewing your child's immunization information on file at <ph-name>.</ph-name>

With ICON you can view your child's record and be informed of which immunizations your child needs or will need in the near future. You can print a copy or access the information anytime.

In order to access your child's immunization information using ICON, you will need to create an account and set a PIN. To do this, you will need the following information:

Your child's Ontario Photo Health Card - Your child's Health Card Number must be on file with <ph-name> If your child does not have an Ontario Photo Health Card, you can create an account using your child's Ontario Immunization ID (OIID) - If you do not have your child's OIID, you can call to obtain your child's OIID, and get assistance in setting your PIN. </ph-name>

Other ways to update a child's immunization record:
Phone: 613-580-6744 Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
Mail: Immunization Program (mail code 26-42), 100 Constellation Drive, Ottawa, ON. K2G 6J8
Fax: 613-580-9660

How do I stop sending my records to  <ph-name> ?

You can stop sending your child's immunization record to <ph-name> by turning off the 'Send to <ph-name>' switch in their profile.

I'm interested in using CANImmunize to report my children's immunizations!

Great- if you haven't already done so, you can download CANImmunize from the Apple App Store, the Google Play store or from

My local public health unit isn't part of the project, what can I do?

If you would like your local public health unit to participate in this project, please contact us at